Eagleionline is accepting applications for various positions for the 2010-11 academic year. To find out what positions in particular we are seeking to fill, please contact the Editor-in-Chief of Eagleionline.
If you would like to hear more about the exciting opportunities available at Eagleionline, join us for our weekly lunch meeting, or at our biannual General Body Meeting.
What positions are available, and how do I apply?
- Editor-in-Chief. The Editor in Chief, an elected position, chairs the editorial board, serves as the organization’s general manager, and maintains relationships with Eagleionline’s core constituencies. The Editor-in-Chief is responsible for all facets of the website. The Editor-in-Chief is elected annually at Eagleionline’s Spring General Body Meeting. There is no application for this position. The only prerequisite is that candidates must have participated in Eagleionline beforehand. (Contact the Editor in Chief)
- Managing Editor. The Managing Editor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the columns or articles of Columnists and Staff Writers, respectively. The Managing Editor also manages the permissions list for the Campus Calendar. The Managing Editor sits on Eagleionline’s Executive Board. (Application for Managing Editor.)
- Technology Editor. The Website Editor is responsible for all technological innovation on the Eagleionline website. We are looking for someone who is tech-savvy and entrepreneurial. The Website Editor sits on Eagleionline’s Executive Board. (Application for Technology Editor.)
- Staff Writer. Staff Writers are responsible for writing one (1) article, column, or editorial per week on Eagleionline on a topic of their choice, and may be assigned to write an article by the Executive Board from time to time. (Application for Staff Writer.)
- Columnist. Columnists are responsible for writing two (2) columns per month on Eagleionline, on topics of their choice. (Application for Columnist.)
What is Eagleionline?
Eagleionline.com is Boston College Law School’s Independent Student-Run Newspaper and Online Community. Eagleionline is an organization for Boston College Law School students to learn about and contribute to the BC Law Community. By creating and delivering innovative and useful services, such as an Outline Bank, Electronic Forum and Campus Calendar, Eagleionline endeavors to strengthen students’ sense of community at BC, enhance their educational experience here, and also to make transitions into law school as easy as possible for future generations of Eagles. It is operated by students at Boston College Law School.
Why are we accepting applications?
Eagleionline needs students to report the news, and provide commentary on our community and the world at large. Eagleionline also needs technology-friendly individuals to operate its website and enhance its on-line services (e.g. the BC Law Carpool Map).
Is there a deadline to apply?
You may apply to be a Columnist or Staff Writer at any time. However, we prefer that you to contact us as early in the semester as is possible. This is particularly important for members of the incoming 1Ls.
Questions about the application process?
Use the “Contact” tab, above, to send us your questions about the application process. We will get back to you shortly. You should also feel free talk to the current Editor in Chief of Eagleionline in the hall!